In honor of Father’s Day being this Saturday, below is a list of some of the great advice my own father has given me over the years.
- A true lady never buys her own drinks.
- The point of poker is to win. If you’re not winning, you’re not doing it right and you need to get better.
- Ladders are best used to assist you in reaching something higher up than you are tall. Don’t waste the ladder by using it to reach something lower than that.
- Hanging picture frames is easy: Just make sure the frame is large enough to cover any extra holes you drilled by mistake.
- Whiskey cures all ailments.
- If you’re going to do something, try to get paid to do it.
- If someone ever threatens you, tell them to fuck off. Then run. Preferably faster than they can.
- The best way to greet anyone is with a wink and a kiss and a loud “LOVE YA BABE stay beautiful.”
- As long as it’s edible, your recipe succeeded.
- Never settle for anyone less attractive than you.
In my dad’s defense, most of the more offensive ones were probably jokes.
- tazgodamunne reblogged this from taxdollars and added:
- zsadistcortel reblogged this from taxdollars
- zsadistcortel likes this
- mexi--cunt likes this
- mangacide said: This is fantastic. My Dad’s used to say “Close only counts in Horse Shoes, Hand Grenades, and Atomic Bombs.”
- mangacide likes this
- tazgodamunne likes this
- jensen-flapjackles likes this
- jensen-flapjackles reblogged this from taxdollars
- taxdollars posted this